Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First Book


Last night just before bed, I read Tommy his first book: Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt. He stared intently at the black letters and pictures and got very excited. After the first page or so he started to make lots of noises and waving his arms and legs when he was looking at it. I remember that I read "The Big Honey Hunt" from the Bernenstein Bears series to Joseph the first time when he was three and a half months old, and he also stared intently at the pictures. I suppose that I should have read him a much shorter and more babyish book, but that was what I had on hand. Now I have a bigger and better selection of books, and also a better understanding of what is appropriate, so Tommy will not have to suffer that.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

So you already read to Tommy also? Well it is said that it is never to early to start reading to your child. I bet he is going to love books just like Joseph does.Does this book have colored pictures or black ones?