Thursday, March 6, 2008

Storytelling

The past few days I have been telling stories to (or perhaps I should say with) Jospeh before bed. It started because I was busy with Tommy and couldn't lay down with Joseph to get him to relax to sleep. Joseph has a stuffed Chihuahua that he has named 'Bread,' and the first story had Bread as the main character. They are really silly stories, such as Bread walking to a park and making friends with a cat who is swinging in a swing, and then with them going to a nearby forest and singing with each other next to a stream, upon which a mockingbird hears them and copies their song. Of course to make the story longer, I sang the longest song I knew during this part. Joseph loves it when I tell these stories. As soon as I finish one he asks me for another, so luckily I have a good imagination. We already have several recurrent characters such as a Kitty (who is a stuffed animal that belongs to Tommy,) a hedgehog named Mr. Hedgehog who likes to have tea parties in his hedge kitchen, as well as family members who also appear in the stories. Last night he wanted me to tell him a story about my aunt (tante Jelly) driving a tow truck to pick up Beppe (and Bread) and her broken down Volkswagen. Of course I had to throw in that tante Jelly also brought Koeke and a thermos of Coffee.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

fantastic, you're back!!!!!!!!
I like the story of tante Jelly and me . You should write those stories down so you can remember them for later.

Mother Theresa said...

Lol, I can just picture Tante Jelly driving around in a tow truck. :)