Thursday, September 20, 2007

Baby


I had an appointment with the midwife today. Everything is going well. Last week Jim and I told Joseph that there is going to be another baby, but he didn't seem too surprised. He did seem surprised, however, when I told him the baby is in my belly. Today I could see the baby moving and showed him. He got very giggly. He does seem to have mixed feelings, though. Yesterday I was buying a bunting to put over the baby's' car seat, and Joseph asked me what it was. I told him that it was for the baby's car seat. He got kind of tearful and asked very pitifully "but, can I have a car seat?" I assured him that he would keep his car seat and that the baby would have a different one. He dubiously asked where it was, so I said in the basement, and then we showed it to him in the evening. After that he seemed OK with it all again.

6 comments:

Heidi said...

oh ja, you're right. There might not be that much time ofcourse with the new baby and all. Oh well then we'll go out and buy one.

Heidi said...

oeps, this last message was supposed to be on the other page, but oh well you understood that already I guess.

Heidi said...

oh boy, you better keep Joseph totally posted on what is happening because he might have a hard time with this new arrival. Ofcourse he is used to be the center of attention ,which is normal, and then he has to share. Well good luck with the sewing, it sounds like fun. What is Joseph going to be on Halloween again?

Michelle Liebgott-Osinga said...

It really amazes me how much he seems to understand. I think it will help him to have Beppe here though. He is going to be a white dog with black spots. It will be just like Harry the dirty dog, but I am making the ears floppy instead of short and pointed to it will be obvious to other people that he is a dog and not a cat.

Mother Theresa said...

Poor thing, his first bout of jealousy. We still have some of that going on here. The funny thing is that Vio is the most jealous of the three and she's the youngest.

Jennifer Savage said...

Michelle, you are completely amazing. I knew that already, but I am still awed by all that you can do. You're the most constructive, creative, productive person I know! We miss you, Jim, Joseph and Spot – and I sure wish you were near enough that I could come over for tamales. Yum!