Saturday, May 10, 2008

Guitar update

Well, I have been practicing for several weeks now, and so far I know all of the open position major cords (A, B, C, D, E, F, and G.) I also know most of the open position minor cords (A, C, D, E, F, and G.) After I get B minor down I will move on to the dominant 7th cords. After that I will be able to get by playing most things, or so I have been told. I am so excited about this! I have wanted to learn to play guitar for a while, but there are just so many things in life to try, and believe me, I have tried a lot - just ask Jim or my mom. :)
I don't have much time to practice, but I have the guitar out all the time in the office so I pick it up at least once a day for a few minutes. I have found that it actually calms Tommy down when he is fussy and wanting to rest. The other day Joseph was sleeping and Tommy was fussy, so I laid him down on the futon and played some cords. He immediately quieted down and then he started singing! I had no idea that I was so talented. But seriously, I guess that means that I am doing something right that I can calm an infant with just a few cords.

No comments: