Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wow! Three years old...

And look how smart he is!

Just kidding, Jim built the plane and Joseph is working on it. This was on Joseph's Birthday just after we opened the Keva blocks. We had a great day. Here a picture of the cake that I made for him. He loved the truck on it and insisted that we not eat it (well, for a few days anyway, after which he wanted to eat it himself.) Of course we did eat the cake right away, though.  I had lots of fun making it, but I think I am going to have to break down and get a tilting cake stand so that I can decorate the sides of my cakes. Well, it was my best tasting cake, if not the most artistic. It was a yellow cake with blueberry compote, and the frosting was a variation on the Wilton Buttercream recipe. I made a mistake that turned out to be a happy one. I accidentally used too much shortening, which in effect reduced the sweetness.  I only know how to used shortening for the frosting at the moment.

No comments: