Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Needle Felted Barn Owl: Reflection



This piece is called 'Reflection' and is of a Barn Owl. Felting in all of those spots took a long time! The photo that I used for inspiration is the one on the right  below. I am having trouble finding who took this photo, so if you know please leave it in the comments.



My owl has his head turning slightly to the side because I wanted it to have a bit more motion than the owl in the photo.  What do you think?  Does it seem to have movement, or is it static?  







 I like how you can see that the wing is folded in these three photos...


















And finally, here you can see the back, and underside....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is absolutely magnificent

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful! Teach me your ways.