Sunday, December 31, 2006

Snow!



This morning I woke up in Joseph's alcove with Jim gently shaking me saying "It snowed last night, do you want to see?" We opened the window shade and it was beautiful! All of the neighbor's yards, the sidewalks, and road were pristinely covered with snow. A few squirrels scurried about looking for acorns buried in the snow. I ran to get the camera and then got dressed and went out to take pictures. It was so soft and beautiful. I think this was my best Nebraska experience yet. I saw tracks in the snow that I think were left there by a squirrel. It was so quiet and white and the neighborhood felt so purified. Even the alleyway was beautiful. I could have stayed out for a long time, but the batteries from my camera stopped working because of the cold. I really missed my Canon AE-1. I still have it, of course, but with taking care of a toddler I just haven't had any time to use it. Anyway, I couldn't upload photos from the AE-1 anyway. It was such a great thing to happen on the last day of the year. Well, there isn't much more I can say about it- some things you just can't put into words.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You said :some things can just not be put into words: I know the feeling! I remember seeing snow again for the first time after thirty years of living in california and then in Holland one morning I looked out of the window and WOW there was a wonderfull white world!