Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Knitting Success



I am proud to say that I have successfully sized up a sweater pattern. The sweater that I made for Joseph only had directions for up to 18 months, but I wanted to make it in size 2T. I was stuck on this problem for a long time and then I happened to read somewhere, quite by accident, that the armhole shaping (which is where your armpit is) is always 1 inch whether for a baby, child, or adult. It seems strange, but it really is true, and you will see this if you compare patterns. Anyway, from there I just increased the number of stitches proportionally, and left he armhole shaping and neck shaping the same size (because that was also the same size of 4 inches wide in all of the smaller sizes.) TA-DA- here it is, a 2 T size sweater! I took a photo of the old sweater that is size 18 months laying on top of the new sweater for comparison ( If you click on the photo you will get a bigger image and actually be able to see that it is two sweaters.) Obviously I used the same yarn- I just love that leaf green!

No comments: