Tuesday, January 23, 2007

We're almost there

With potty graduation that is. For those of you reading who don't know I am doing early potty training with Joseph, also known as Elimination Communication (EC.) You can read more about it here. He is 20 months old and hasn't really pooped in his diaper since he was 5 months old (just three days after I started EC with him was the last consistent time; after that only five or so accidents.) We were doing really well with him peeing in the potty too, until he was about one year old. Then it seemed like he figured out that I would leave him alone if he stopped 'communicating.' He did always seem to tell me when we were out though, until recently. So last Friday I took the plunge and put him in underwear full time (at home) except at night, even during his naps. It is going very well. We are having about one wet per day. Yesterday I was getting him ready for the store and I wanted to put a diaper on him and he asked for underwear instead! This morning we went to mom's group and he stayed dry the whole time and this afternoon I am taking him to the doctor, and I think I am going to put him in underwear then too.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow! Fantastic that he is doing sooo well. He grows up so fast all of a sudden. What did the doctor say? Is everything fine? It looks that way.How does Joseph like the snow? Is there still a lot? Here in Holland we had a tiny bit this morning but within an hour or so it had disapeared again. We hardly have winter this year.