Saturday, March 3, 2007

Anne; the continuing story

Like most Friday evenings, Jim went to bed fairly early yesterday evening. I was tired too, but I decided to watch 'Anne of Green Gables, the Continuing Story' (Part 1.) It is the final installment of the Anne of Green Gables movies series, the other two being 'Anne of Green Gables,' and 'Anne of Avonlea.' The third movie has all of the same actors and picks up the story where the second movie leaves off. So far it is really good, though very different from the first two movies. This film has Anne living in New York working for a publishing house, and later working for the Red Cross in France during WWI. I finished watching it last night right during a scene of an attack by the Germans, where Anne is left holding a baby whose mother has just been shot. It was a critical point in the story, so I am anxious to get back to it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love the stories of Anne of Green Gables and have all the books. It would be great to have it on dvd too though. I'm going to see if I can get that here.